Chatelaine

Weaving

Scrapbooking

Stamping

Sorca

Horses

Daily Life

Studio

Flowers

Landscapes

Macro

Still Life

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

FOUND IT!!

Camera cord has been found!! I have no idea why I put it in my armoire, but I did.  But, I still have not been stitching.  My baby Sorca face started swelling last week and we rushed him to the emergency vet.  The vet said he didn't think he was bit by a snake, thankfully, probably a spider or something, so they gave him a big dose of Benadryl and a steroid shot.  He pulled through those okay and his face was better by morning.  He was drinking water like crazy, so abnormal for him, and back to the regular vet he went.  They said Sorca has Lymes Disease and is now on meds for that.  I can't believe it since he rarely has ticks on him.  I think this summer I have pulled off four ticks, and only two were attached.  Granted he did bring in a couple that I found crawling around, but I flushed those.  Luckily, he is not showing any symptoms at all, and we wouldn't have known if we hadn't taken him to the vets to see what was going on.  The vet said that they have found so many dogs with Lymes this summer that it is unbelievable. 

I did start a little weaving over the weekend, so I will have to drag my camera out and take some pics.  Until then, happy stitching.

No comments: