Chatelaine

Weaving

Scrapbooking

Stamping

Sorca

Horses

Daily Life

Studio

Flowers

Landscapes

Macro

Still Life

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hummingbird Sparkly Garden

Here are pictures of my Hummingbird Sparkly Garden designed by Martina  Rosenberg. I am stitching it on 28 count lugana Picture This Plus French Lilac. I love the color (it is a little lighter in real life) and it even looked like flowers on it before I started stitching. It is my first big stitch, and I am loving it.  It was hard at first, I was having trouble with the Gold laying flat, but I struggled through and love the look.  I started doing the beads and then stopped to do some stitching and have yet to go back.  The hummingbirds are beautiful, and it was the first time I did over one stitching!  I did change up the purple in the beak of one since the purple was too close to the fabric color. I am now on the lace and hoping to finish in the next couple of months so I will be ready for Herbularius starting in August.







2 comments:

Ineke said...

WOW! This is so beautiful!!
I have the kit waiting, but have to finish at least one big piece before I allow myself to start. But these pictures are very tempting!

wendy111 said...

I saw your WIP on the bulletin board and came to have a look at all your piccies. You are doing a wonderful job and I love seeing it on the purple as mine is on purple too but darker than yours. Mine is suffering in the progress department as my main chatelaine focus is Baroque.

I like your blog background too - looks just like mine! The birds are so pretty.

Look forward to see more