Chatelaine

Weaving

Scrapbooking

Stamping

Sorca

Horses

Daily Life

Studio

Flowers

Landscapes

Macro

Still Life

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Updates

It has been a while!!  Life has been crazy, lots of stuff going on, so I haven't done much stitching or crafting lately.  I do have a couple of updated pictures of Chinese Garden, Summer and Fall were completed.



I still have some stitching on the borders around the top scenes, and then on to winter.  I am behind, but I am okay with that and do plan on getting back to stitching more soon.

Next up is a layout that I completed today.  It felt so good getting back to creating something again.  I am really going to have to make time for both stitching and creating, otherwise I kind of feel lost.  I have received my order from Hand Dyed Fibers of the variegated samples (still waiting on the solids), and Vikki used some of her silk ribbon to bind them together.  I had to order some of her ribbons and she shipped them out and I received it right away!!  I ordered 2 mm, but I must have looked at the ruler wrong (not great with any measurements other than inches, lol), cause it was smaller than I thought!  I was already planning on using it on some scrapbook pages (ribbon embroidery is beyond me!) so I just had to go digging through old supplies and find my Bazzill Stitching Flourishes Stencils.  I see I am going to have to put ribbon on my layouts from now on!  I will have to collect lots more in the 2 mm size now since it is perfect for this!

Most supplies were from a very old kit I had from My Creative Scrapbook that has been sitting.  I distressed with Distress Ink Worn Lipstick.  I used dies from: Spellbinders - Grand Labels 23 for the picture and frames, Cheery Lynn Designs -  French Pastry, and the Heartfelt Creations - Woodland Fern Die.



Here are some closeups of the HDF ribbon called BeBopped I used.  I went a little crazy and even came up around the stems of the Prima Flowers!





This was just white resin but I started mixing paints and then threw in some Distress Ink Refills Aged Mahogany to darken the paint up and look a little aged.


These are just a few closeup of other elements.  I had this kit sitting so long because I just did not know what to do with this fuzzy flower ribbon, but I threw a cameo on it and wound some ivory pearl strand through all of it.


Hope to show more of something next week. It has been forever since I have been to any blogs, so I may just have to start from now, otherwise I will never catch up!  Thanks!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great progress on your Chinese Garden! The scenes are so beautiful. I love your layout-especially all the pink in it : )

Joysze said...

Hey you! Weird.... I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how things were. You and this other girl, and I read updates on both your blogs today.

CG looks so awesome!!!
That is an amazing layout design, Liss. Love it!!

Mangogirl said...

great progress on chinese garden :)