Chatelaine

Weaving

Scrapbooking

Stamping

Sorca

Horses

Daily Life

Studio

Flowers

Landscapes

Macro

Still Life

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

It's Been Awhile!

I have been so bad not posting anything for so many months.  Let me say in my defense that I still do not have any good internet at the house, so I just have not been able to post pictures or even write.  And I do not have any pictures today, but I think I have figured out a way to transfer them to my laptop after adjusting them, and then upload them using another connection.  I will have to give it a try next week.

I have finished weaving my first three towels!! I am pretty happy with them, but I still need to hem them and then I will post some pics.  I also have a scrapbooking kit coming so I can make something for my dad.  It was mailed, so I should be receiving it anytime.

I have started cross stitching again!! I took all my floss and fibers out this past weekend and reorganized everything and bought a few beads for a couple patterns today.  I am going to start off with a couple small ones just to have a finished project so I can find my mojo again.  My Hummingbird doesn't have to much left except the flowers down the sides and the bottom, and I don't know why I can't seem to finish that little bit up.   I am going to try to set a goal to finish the stitching it at least by the end of the year and then start on the beading.  My Herbularius is stopped and done.  Without the internet, I rarely went to the groups to download the monthly updates, and I just waited on Martina to email she was closing the groups and if you needed to download you had a couple of days left, and then I would go rush and download the class.  I missed it last time and now I am missing several months, and after some consideration, I may just finish the middle and that's it instead of paying again.  That's what happens when I don't log in or pay attention!  It is my fault, and I will learn my lesson, which reminds me I think I have another class to download.

I have also gone vegan this month, just to try to see if I feel better.  Food always seems to affect me so crazy, and I seem to jump from one thing to another to see if there are days where I don't get dizzy or sick.  I do seem to be doing better, so I think we are going to stick with this for about three months to see if some things correct themselves.  I know I felt so good raw, but I just can't seem to do that for more than a month.  I am also trying to be a gluten free vegan, so that is a little harder.

Sorca is doing excellent.  I have never seen him look hateful at anything before, but my mom has a horse now, Trav, and I walk out there during the week to chat with him.   On the weekends, they move to my aunt's pasture behind us.  I lean on the fence and he stands there and listens, or closes his eyes while my baby Sorca watches from the front door.  Sorca doesn't like him at all, but ma says it is because he believes that Trav takes his mom away.  Sorca should know better because I tell him he always comes first for me.  I mean who else would wake up during the night and recover him with his blanket, lol.

I will try to take some pics and update next week.  You'd think by now that everyone should have high speed internet even if you live in the boonies.  Have you seen the new show Revolution?  That is going to be my favorite new show I do believe.  I started thinking the other day, you think that anyone's trying to tell us something they might know with all these books, shows, etc. like this coming out.  Hmmm.

Happy Stitching or Weaving!

3 comments:

rosey175 said...

Oooh, good luck going vegan! I like vegan / vegetarian cuisine, but I could never live on it. I would start gnawing on my cats or something, haha. I look forward to seeing your weaving; it sounds so cool!

Joysze said...

Hey you!!! Welcome back!!!!!

Karen said...

Glad to see you again! I've had to move my blog to Wordpress - Multiply is closing and I cannot get photos INTO my Blogger page, so I've just moved altogether and started over :(

I hope you find a diet that gets you feeling better; my BFF IRL has to be very careful with what she eats, or she just gets ill, too - a very plain, almost bland diet, though I don't think she's gone all vegan, yet. With all the stuff that they do to what we eat these days, who knows???

SO far, Revolution is pretty good - reminds me a lot of Jericho, which I was sorry didn't make a 2nd year, it was a good show!